COVID-19 Resources for Physicians
Dear Medical Society Members,
You are being bombarded with information.
As your Medical Society, we have been researching tools you can use in your day to day practice.
Tips for taking care of yourself during emergency response.
FOR YOUR OFFICE/STAFF:
Tips for taking care of your office and staff.
Responding to COVID-19 can take an emotional toll on you. There are things you can do to reduce secondary traumatic stress (STS) reactions:
- Acknowledge that STS can impact anyone helping families after a traumatic event.
- Learn the symptoms including physical (fatigue, illness) and mental (fear, withdrawal, guilt).
- Allow time for you and your family to recover from responding to the pandemic.
- Create a menu of personal self-care activities that you enjoy, such as spending time with friends and family, exercising, or reading a book.
- Take a break from media coverage of COVID-19.
- Ask for help if you feel overwhelmed or concerned that COVID-19 is affecting your ability to care for your family and patients as you did before the outbreak.
As always, we are your Medical Society. If you need anything, please let us know.
Wendy LaCoste Bedsole
Medical Society of Mobile County
2701 Airport Blvd.
Mobile, AL 36606